Senior Software Engineer – Middleware
Pearson is the world’s leading learning company, with 40,000 employees in more than 80 countries working to help people of all ages to make measurable progress in their lives through learning. With revenues over €5.2 billion in 2013 we provide learning materials, technologies, assessments and services to teachers and students in order to help people everywhere aim higher and fulﬁll their true potential. We put the learner at the center of everything we do.
Pearson Lanka is a part of Pearson's core global Learning Technologies team. We build and manage some of the industry’s leading cloud based learning platforms that serve millions of students across the world. Over the years, we have built a strong Agile Development team, and we are now looking to expand over the next 12 months. The industry leading cloud-based technology platforms of Pearson help educate more than 30 million students across the globe.
The 350+ strong engineering team based out of the Colombo office works dedicatedly to service Pearson technology companies located in North America, Europe and Australia.
At Pearson, we aim to be the best company to work for in the world. It is part of our philosophy to provide benefits, profit share plans, development opportunities and a culture that beats anywhere else. If you are 'always learning', and have a passion for technology and creativity, send in your resume and join our exciting engineering culture.
Senior Software Engineer – Middleware
The role of a Middleware Senior Software Engineer will involve working throughout the full development lifecycle. This is a quick moving, Agile environment, working within a variety of technologies with a strong focus on incremental delivery, continuous integration, test driven development (TDD) across web based systems and architectures.
The right candidate will have at least 4 years of commercial experience with strong middleware design and implementation skills and is highly enthusiastic. He/She should be from a background in Agile Scrum. As you will be working in a team environment, liaising with other development and testing teams and should posses good communications skills both written and verbal.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who is expanding and is able to offer a full career for the right individual.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute as a member of a skilled and creative product development team designing, developing and delivering the next generation of Enterprise Learning Management Applications.
- Embark on an intellectually challenging and rewarding product development journey and work with top-tier software professionals on a variety of projects that explores the frontiers of modern technology.
- Design and develop flexible, extensible application layer framework, functional modules, collaborate with other engineers, product managers to develop and deliver World Class Software Products.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Degree level qualification in Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- Experience using Java / JEE application development - at least four years
- Experience in middleware technologies design and development – at least 2 years
- Design of components - OO
- Flawless skills in Full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Thorough thought process, enthusiastic, self-motivated and quick to pick up new skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Java and Java EE
- Web Services - SOAP, REST, JSON
- Middleware technologies – Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Enterprise Service Bus, SonicMQ or similar products/tools
- Database Technologies - Oracle
- Data Layer Architectures and Frameworks – Hibernate or ibatis
- Application Servers – Weblogic
- Unit testing frameworks - JUnit
- Build, Package & Deployment tools - Ant, Maven, Jenkins
Please use the following link and submit your resume: http://pearsonlankavacancies.peopleshr.com/