Associate System Support Engineer
99X Services (Pvt) Ltd is an IT Services company of international repute, with offices in Sri Lanka and Norway. We provide a variety of managed IT services to the European market including Infrastructure Management and Consultancy, Application Services and Managed Security Services. 99X has built a reputation for being a high quality and reliable IT services company among our customers.
The ideal candidate should be willing to work on roster in a 24x7 operational environment providing systems assurance for large IT environment which includes customer and internal IT infrastructure. The candidate will be a part of a high performance team and should be demonstrate skills in working as a team and also to work with minimum supervision. Analytical, proactive and possess excellent communication skills is a plus.
The key responsibilities include:
- Level 2 support for Microsoft Server and applications
- Monitoring and alert handling as per defined guidelines and SLA’s
- General server management and application management support
- Technical report generation and documentation
- Higher diploma or Bachelor’s degree in IT
- Minimum of one year industry experience in Level 2 Service Desk or NOC
- A good understanding in Microsoft Client/Server systems
- Sound knowledge in networking and scripting is a plus
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Excellent telephone etiquette, problem solving, innovative thinking and analytical skills
- Interest in self-learning and self-improvement
- Ability to work in a team as well as to work independently under minimum supervision is a must
- Relevant industry certificates (Microsoft, Cisco, Linux, etc.), exposure or knowledge on data center operations and support services or previous exposure to Service desk/NOC would be an added advantage.
This is a great opportunity to join a band of dedicated professionals and venture into a rewarding career and receive a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development along with other fringe benefits.
If you are confident that you are the ideal candidate for this position, e-mail your resume with a recent photo and two non-related referees, to email@example.com within 14 days of this advertisement, stating “Associate System Support Engineer” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.